Saturday, May 15, 2010

More Recipes Please!


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Basil-Chicken-over-Angel-Hair/Detail.aspx

Dinner :)
It tasted delicious and it actually wasn't that hard to make! The only part was I had to cook the chicken (because all I had was frozen chicken breasts) and then cube it. So... it took a little longer. Maybe I'll try chicken in a can so I don't have to eat at 10:00pm!

Here's a picture:

Another thing, I had 250 calories left over (probably because I studied all day!) and decided to treat myself to a can of Coke (curse you roomates!!!) which is 140 calories. Ends up it didn't even taste good and I really wish I would have drank a glass of OJ instead which is yummy!

Maybe my body is kicking it back because I'm not drinking 3 cans a day anymore?

See y'all tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good!
    and ew on the coke! I never understood what was so great about coke? WHAT FLAVOR IS COKE? COKE FLAVOR!?!? So it "used to contain cocaine," but it doesn't taste like ANYTHING modern.
    My BEST recommendation is to try to cut out sodas altogether (if you can)(pun always intended)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Tyson's pre-cooked chicken. They sell it in bags either plain or with various seasonings and it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thing is that I like a lot of healthy foods, but I don't like eating them over and over and over. (i.e. Salad). And dressings are a hassle because the fat and sodium contents are so high. I found a broccoli salad recipe that I made last night that is wonderful, so hopefully you'll enjoy it, too. It's great - easy to make, easy on the budget, tasty, and healthy!

    Broccoli Salad:

    Dressing:
    1 cup fat free plain yogurt
    3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
    1/2 cup Splenda
    Mix these ingredients in a bowl, then set aside

    Salad:
    1 bunch broccoli, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
    1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
    3 cups Raisins (I used Golden raisins)
    1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped

    Mix the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix thoroughly.

    It will keep for several days - the recipe actually states it's best if made two days before serving, but that's not necessary.

    It makes a LOT though! You might want to half this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo sounds delicious, I will need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite thing to make for lunch lately... this makes two big servings at about 500 calories each.
    Chick Pea Stew
    Saute two medium sized potatoes (peeled and cut into 1" cubes) in 2 teaspoons of olive oil for a few minutes until browned. Add small can pureed or diced tomatoes and simmer until potatoes are cooked through (also works well with salsa). Add one can chick peas and heat through. Top with 2 oz of lowfat cheddar. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete