Sunday, May 16, 2010

Carabbas!

So I've spent all day with my head in my organic chemistry book. By the time 5pm came around I had 650 calories left because I had worked out earlier. Ken didn't feel like cooking and I sure wasn't going to, so I automatically reached for the Raman. He suggested we go out instead. Which I freaked out about because I ALWAYS over eat at restaurants. But I looked up some calorie counts and found out that one of my favorite foods at Carabbas was only 540 calories for the dinner dish. Still a little amprehensive, I agreed to go (with him paying of course!!)
I politely asked the waitress not to bring bread so that I wouldn't be tempted (200 calories saved right there!) and had a glass of water. Man was I so full when I was done, but I was so happy I was able to stay under my calorie count :)
Maybe this won't be so bad after all?
New weight: 176.5 (probably lost water weight, but hey it's a start!!!)

So... comment with your favorite restaurant calorie steals. You'll be surprised how many of them are posted online :)

Is anyone there? *echo* Well I hope more people start commenting. If you do, I'll bake you one of my famous Death By Chocolate Brownies on my next "cheat day"!

2 comments:

  1. Good work! BTW, I think blogging is an excellent tactic and you're going about it in a way that will serve you well.

    I have the opposite goal from Calorie restriction, so my restaurant favourites won't help you. However, one thing I do when eating out is to decline refills after the first (or, at a buffet, only refill my own glass halfway). I love drinking water; if I drink too much too early in a meal I don't have much room for food. So maybe you could make a point of drinking a lot of water --maybe even before going out of the house-- to leave less room.

    ReplyDelete