Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 1

So I've finally done it. I have finally realized that I am absolutely addicted to food and it needs to stop. 180.3 pounds is my current weight. I am so tired of clothes not fitting and being worn out after a single dance song. I'm tired of not being able to do what I want to do with my life, so it ends here.
My goal: 135lbs, a healthy and reasonable weight for my height.
By December 2nd, 2010, my 20th birthday. That's a little over 6 lbs a month.
And to kick my addiction of chocolate, cookies, fried food and salts forever.

I'm not sure how I'll do this, but I know I have to limit my calories to 1300 a day. But I need your help. I need people around me to stop offering to go out, start encouraging me to eat well, and just to be there for me when it gets hard. Addiction is addiction, and I'm going to be going through a personal hell. Any help or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for those who have been encouraging and for those who are sceptics, I hope I'll prove you wrong.

Everyday or so I'll post whats going on, etc. And together, maybe I'll get through this :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paula,

    I totally understand where you're coming from when it comes to losing weight and all the problems associated with it like loss of energy, all-time low self-esteem, frustration over clothes, and bitter disappointment.
    Ever since my freshman year, I've been so stressed out from my family problems that I've gained weight. I tend to eat more when I'm stressing out. I grew from 120 to 165lbs in three years. 40lbs added to my body sucks.
    I'm trying to find more time for myself now. And I think you should too. Exercising helps me focus on me and my goals for a healthier lifestyle and it helps to think of this as a long-term project to improve myself. It's comforting and I really hope that in your endeavor, you find satisfaction and happiness along the way as I am trying to.
    Long story short, I totally support your decision and just wanted to let you know that no matter how many pounds you lose, I still think you're awesome and I really admire you for doing this. I wish you all the best. :)

    Much love and support,
    SL

    ReplyDelete